If you like animals and you want to make a living with them, through a business of buying and selling pets, you will have to make the necessary procedures to comply with the law.
The first thing you should know is that only pet stores or breeders can sell pets. That is why, you cannot sell your dog and puppies if you do not have the papers that accredit you as a breeder.
The second is that there is no single regulation for this regard; each autonomous community has its law of protection to the animal. However, there are some common requirements for pets for sale Company:
- You must have a zoo center: The shop, the center or the cat and dog farm must be considered as a zoological center. But it must meet hygienic and sanitary conditions that guarantee the comfortablity of the animals.
- The pet shop or store must be registered: To monitor compliance with the regulations, there is a register of animal sales establishments in each community and it is mandatory to be registered.
- Have specialized personnel: you must be qualified for the care and attention of the pets and they must be offered the veterinary care they may need.
- Have the municipal permits: The city is the one that gives the opening license of the business of sale of animals while the autonomous community is the one that will declare your premises as a zoo. Think that the municipalities may have a stricter regulation in this regard.
- Be autonomous or set up a company: To start your activity you must register as self-employed or set up a company, which will allow you to invoice.
As you can see, to sell pets there are more strict and specific requirements for setting up another type of business. That is why it is interesting that you can do online procedures such as the registration of self-employed or the constitution of the company, with which you will gain time to do the rest of the procedures.